Friday, 25 November 2011

Tsvangirai’s Prime Ministerial baby mamas


Lothario: Tsvangirai has been linked with a string of women since his wife's tragic passing in a car accident in 2009
There's something incongruous about how Zimbabwean independent media journalists at home and in the Diaspora are reporting the debacle surrounding Prime Minister Morgan Tsvangirai's marriage-that-allegedly-never-was. Whilst the state-controlled Herald has, predictably, gleefully reported on the 'union' and its attendant soap operatic saga, the independent press has bizarrely preoccupied itself with efforts to ‘uncover’ the ‘truth’ about the origins of claims that Tsvangirai had married his lover, Locadia Tembo, a wealthy businesswoman hailing from a traditionally ZANU PF family and whose sister is an MP in President Mugabe’s party.

Newzimbabwe.com published a story entitled The curious case of Tsvangirai’s marriage on Thursday which sought to reconcile the gaps between the Tembo family’s claims of a marriage between their daughter and the Prime Minister on the one hand, and denials of such a union by Tsvangirai’s spokesman Luke Tamborinyoka on the other. The story quoted journalist and political commentator Pedzisayi Ruhanya who suggested that Tamborinyoka’s denials correctly reflected Tsvangirai’s position on the alleged marriage. Further, Ruhanya averred that Tsvangirai could be a victim of factions in his party that are trying to play matchmaker for him in a bid to gain influence and control over him.

SW Radio Africa took it a notch further with a story also published on Thursday alleging an apparent conspiracy to corner Tsvangirai into marriage. The story also quoted Tsvangirai’s aides dismissing the veracity of the marriage claims. Ruhanya also features in this story, and this time he openly fingers Tsvangirai ally and co-Home Affairs Minister Theresa Makone as the troublesome matchmaker whose interference in the Prime Minister’s private life portends ill not only for Tsvangirai himself, but for the MDC-T’s overall mission to deliver democratic change. It is hard to quarrel with Ruhanya’s perspective on the goings-on within the MDC-T as he is solidly well-informed on the subject.
Married or merely 'damaged'? Tembo is said to be carrying Tsvangirai's twins

All this is very well and makes for interesting reading too, what with the sense of political intrigue and sex scandal it throws up all at once. Indeed, the story has provided much comic relief to legislators in Parliament, where the Prime Minister was yesterday mockingly hailed as a ‘ZANU PF’ son-in-law by MPs from that party as he arrived for the national budget presentation by Finance Minister Tendai Biti.

However, what I found most disturbing and disheartening about the independent media’s reporting (I’m not addressing the Herald for obvious reasons – they have no pretensions about their partisanship!) on this latest Tsvangirai debacle was their apparent diversion of popular attention from the real controversies of this episode. What’s beyond dispute is that the Prime Minister has made yet another young Zimbabwean woman pregnant, and out of wedlock. Immediately after official denials from Tsvangirai’s office rolled into newsrooms, alarm bells should have rung long and shrill about the falling moral probity of a national leader, a father figure, a grandfather and, inevitably, a role model for young men across the country.

The confirmation by his office of Tsvangirai having paid damages to the Tembo family in acknowledgement of his responsibility for Locadia’s pregnancy should have elicited hard questions by the media about the growing notoriety of the Prime Minister’s salacious lifestyle in the wake of his wife Susan’s tragic passing in 2009. The insistence of the Prime Minister’s office that Tsvangirai had only paid damages and no marriage had taken place seems to put it beyond doubt that Tsvangirai has no intentions to take Locadia as his lawfully wedded wife now or any time in the future. Otherwise, why create all this hullabaloo between two people who have every intention to live together happily ever after?
One notch in along string? The PM with Arikana Chihombori

Journalists are no secret-keepers for the PM and they’re doing him no favours by failing to hold up his increasingly embarrassing lifestyle to public scrutiny under the specious excuse that it is his private business. Well, for what it’s worth, it ceases to be his private business if young people living in one of the most HIV/Aids-affected societies in Sub-Saharan Africa should find encouragement to eschew condom use because their Prime Minister goes ‘bareback’ and still appears untouched by disease.

You might say that’s a presumptuous conclusion, but not so if you factor in poor Loreta Nyathi, the young Bulawayo girl whom the Prime Minister allegedly knocked up and left to raise his son on her own and whome he claimed to not remember. And that brings me to another worrying point – this apparent sowing of wild oats by Tsvangirai. One expects an irresponsible young man who knows no better – nhubu yomunhu - to leave a litany of baby mamas across the country, not the Prime Minister! Anywhere in the civilised world, this unbecoming and morally reprehensible behaviour would have haunted any politician into resignation, but not so in Zimbabwe.

Powerful men have carte blanche to behave outrageously when it comes to sexual affairs, and society tends to acquiesce to this appalling indulgence. Journalists sustain it by nibbling at the periphery of these disquieting moral contradictions, preferring to leave the core of the matter publicly untouched. They do gossip of course, over a beer or two, about all the skirt-chasing and altogether unbecoming behaviour of national leaders which they’re privy to.

Perhaps the new crop of national leaders from the MDC believes that any public scrutiny of their sexual lives is unfair, since many of their ZANU PF colleagues have enjoyed more than 30 years sexual and material profligacy unmolested by hostile press publicity. That is largely true, of course – many ZANU PF politicians have, over the decades, sired multitudes of fatherless children and sunk into putrefying sexual scandals involving small houses and even under age girls as well as gay lovers, in spite of their leader’s trenchant homophobia.

However, these ‘Chinja’ leaders have come into public life at a new historical juncture, and they have found a generation that seeks to escape the scourge of HIV infection and make up for the country’s sad loss of human capital over the last 20 years. Key to that survival is the restoration of its moral fibre, which can only be achieved by this generation taking responsibility for its future. The growing readiness to be tested and to know one’s HIV status means this generation is ready for openness and accountability in moral as in political matters.
Journalist Pedzisai Ruhanya: 'Romance will shape Tsvangirai's destiny'.

This is the generation that Prime Minister Tsvangirai wants to lead as president of the country. He may very well still do so in future, but presently his own personal affairs are an incorrigible mess. Hardly the picture of inspiration for aspiring young Zimbabweans, and firebrand independent politician Margaret Dongo is right to excoriate Tsvangirai for ‘dropping his pants everywhere’ and impregnating women. Pedzisai Ruhanya’s insightful observation that romance could shape Tsvangirai’s destiny appears even more illuminating in light of recent developments. 

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your chofamba.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

Anonymous said...

Hi there colleagues, pleasant article and fastidious arguments commented here, I am truly enjoying by these.



Here is my web blog - Social Bookmark

Anonymous said...

Hurrah, that's what I was looking for, what a stuff! present here at this webpage, thanks admin of this web page.

Also visit my web site :: World Of Tanks Hack

Anonymous said...

Excellent post! We will be linking to this particularly great article on our website.

Keep up the good writing.

my blog Unknown

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I know this is somewhat off-topic however I had to ask.
Does running a well-established blog such as yours take a lot of work?
I am completely new to operating a blog however I do write in my journal daily.
I'd like to start a blog so I can easily share my own experience and thoughts online. Please let me know if you have any ideas or tips for new aspiring blog owners. Appreciate it!

Here is my webpage: unknown

Anonymous said...

What a material of un-ambiguity and preserveness of valuable know-how
on the topic of unexpected emotions.

Also visit my web site :: Diaper rash Remedies

Anonymous said...

Hi there, this weekend is pleasant for me, for the reason that this time i am reading this wonderful informative
piece of writing here at my house.

Take a look at my web blog :: unknown

Anonymous said...

It's very easy to find out any matter on net as compared to books, as I found this article at this site.

My webpage: microsoftpointss.tumblr.Com

Anonymous said...

This blog was... how do I say it? Relevant!! Finally I've found something which helped me. Kudos!

Have a look at my website - 7Zip Download

Anonymous said...

This article is in fact a pleasant one it assists new
web visitors, who are wishing for blogging.



my website ... Unknown

Anonymous said...

Good day! This is kind of off topic but I need some advice from an established blog.

Is it hard to set up your own blog? I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick. I'm thinking about making my own but I'm not sure where to begin. Do you have any points or suggestions? Cheers

my web site - Journals.Fotki.com

Anonymous said...

Hi, its fastidious paragraph concerning media print, we
all understand media is a fantastic source of data.

Look into my web blog ... Stretch marks

Anonymous said...

Hi there are using Wordpress for your site platform? I'm new to the blog world but I'm trying to get started and create my own.

Do you need any coding expertise to make your own blog?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Have a look at my homepage; Ps3 Jailbreak

Anonymous said...

Having read this I believed it was extremely informative.
I appreciate you finding the time and effort to put this article together.
I once again find myself personally spending way too much time both reading and posting comments.
But so what, it was still worthwhile!

my blog: Mon Jervois

Anonymous said...

Good day! Would you mind if I share your blog with my facebook group?
There's a lot of folks that I think would really appreciate your content. Please let me know. Many thanks

Also visit my web site; cindaehg.Autisable.com

Anonymous said...

Please let me know if you're looking for a author for your weblog. You have some really good posts and I believe I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd absolutely love to write some material for your blog in exchange
for a link back to mine. Please shoot me an e-mail if interested.
Thanks!

Take a look at my blog post ... Unknown

Anonymous said...

After looking into a number of the articles on your web
site, I honestly appreciate your way of blogging. I book marked it to my bookmark website list and will be checking back soon.

Please visit my website too and let me know your opinion.

My weblog - bestcoconutoilforhair.Com

Anonymous said...

Have you ever thought about adding a little bit more than just your articles?
I mean, what you say is valuable and all. But just imagine if you added some great photos or videos to give your posts more,
"pop"! Your content is excellent but with images and
clips, this blog could definitely be one of the best in its niche.
Terrific blog!

Here is my web site - Veronique.Autisable.Com

Anonymous said...

Hurrah! After all I got a webpage from where I be able to truly obtain helpful data concerning my
study and knowledge.

my weblog ... Dragonvale Cheats

Anonymous said...

Excellent web site you have got here.. It's difficult to find good quality writing like yours nowadays. I honestly appreciate people like you! Take care!!

My web site; Diaper Rash Remedies

Anonymous said...

I think the admin of this web page is genuinely working hard
for his web page, since here every stuff is quality based material.


Feel free to surf to my web blog ... diaper rash Home remedies

Anonymous said...

Howdy! I could have sworn I've been to this site before but after reading through some of the post I realized it's new to me.

Nonetheless, I'm definitely glad I found it and I'll be book-marking and checking back often!


my blog post; Generateur de Code PSN

Anonymous said...

I tend not to leave a response, but I read a few of the
comments on this page "Tsvangirai's Prime Ministerial baby mamas".
I actually do have a few questions for you if it's okay. Is it just me or do a few of these remarks appear as if they are written by brain dead people? :-P And, if you are writing on other online sites, I'd like to keep up with anything
fresh you have to post. Would you list of the complete urls
of all your public pages like your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?


Here is my site ... World Of Tanks Hack

Anonymous said...

I needed to thank you for this excellent read!! I absolutely enjoyed every bit of it.
I have you book marked to look at new stuff you post…

Feel free to surf to my web page PS3 Jailbreak 4.41

Anonymous said...

I do accept as true with all of the concepts you've presented to your post. They are really convincing and can certainly work. Nonetheless, the posts are too short for novices. Could you please lengthen them a bit from next time? Thank you for the post.

Look at my web page Unknown

Anonymous said...

It is actually a great and helpful piece of info. I am happy that
you shared this useful info with us. Please keep us up to date like this.

Thanks for sharing.

My web-site; the Interlace

Anonymous said...

Great beat ! I wish to apprentice even as you amend your web site, how could i subscribe for a
blog website? The account aided me a acceptable deal.
I had been tiny bit familiar of this your broadcast offered
vibrant transparent concept

Feel free to surf to my page ... Dailymotion.Com

Anonymous said...

Hey just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you know a few of the images aren't loading properly. I'm not sure why
but I think its a linking issue. I've tried it in two different web browsers and both show the same results.

my page Microsoft office Gratuit

Anonymous said...

Helpful info. Lucky me I found your web site by chance, and I am stunned
why this coincidence did not took place in advance! I bookmarked
it.

Also visit my homepage; Psn Code Generator

Anonymous said...

We are a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in
our community. Your web site offered us with valuable info to work on.
You've done a formidable job and our entire community will be grateful to you.

Here is my web blog league of Legends hack

Anonymous said...

Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if
you knew of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.
I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates.

Look into my web blog: Codes Psn Gratuit

Anonymous said...

Hello this is kinda of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or
if you have to manually code with HTML. I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding experience so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!

My site - Minecraft Crack

Anonymous said...

You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I
find this topic to be actually something that I think I would never
understand. It seems too complicated and very broad for
me. I am looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang
of it!

Feel free to surf to my weblog :: Generateur De Code PSN